Have you been having your brower’s cookies just seem to disappear when they didn’t used to (in say, Firefox 2)? A few others and I have noticed this, but we haven’t figured out what is up yet. After talking to Dan Witte, the cookie module owner, we still don’t know what’s up. However, if you’ve been seeing this strange and unsettling behavior, you can help us get to the bottom of it! Dan is looking for cookie logs to see if he can spot the bug. Here’s how you can help:
- Clear all of your cookies or start with a fresh profile.
- Enable cookie logging. If anyone knows how to do that on the mac, please add those instructions too!
- After you enable logging, start your browser, and use it normally. Whenever you think you lost a cookie, there are a couple of things you need to note:
- The site that you think lost the cookie.
- The day/time you lost the cookie.
Send that and your log to dwitte at gmail.com and hope for the best!
The more people on this, the more likely we are to find out what’s going on! Your help is greatly appreciated!